Friday, November 23, 2012

10-15-12 New Scale (weighs heavier, boo) Month #9 update!


Can't believe another month has come and gone. I would have to say that being pink is easier in some ways and harder in other ways. I think I mentioned last month that my husband is at his goal...which is great for him, but he is not being as strict, which in turn has given me cause to be less strict. I have tried to rein that in, I see him eating "extras" and instead of joining in, I have to step back and look at the big picture....which is that I still have a long way to go.

The part that has gotten easier (believe it or not) is the exercise.....my demon! Buying the treadmill and having easy access to it all the time has definitely helped. I get on it almost every day for at least 30 minutes, sometimes an hour or more. I have walked a couple of 5Ks on it...which felt like an accomplishment. I try to make sure that I don't give myself room to make excuses for not getting on it. I have found that working out before I even shower for the day is the easiest way to be successful. Once I have showered and dressed for the day I am much less likely to get on it.

So we bought a new, fancy scale....it does water percentage, body fat percentage, and bmi. I love it....but I also HATE it! I hate it because it weighs me 5lbs heavier than the scale I had been using. I know that it is more accurate, because it closely matches the scale at my doctor's office. What that meant for me is that while I thought I had lost 5 extra pounds, I haven't....so when I thought I reached 90lbs gone....i haven't. I decided to right the wrong this month and record my weight as it is on the new scale....which means that for the month I only show a loss of 4.4lbs. For a total of 88.4. So while I am coming up on my 90lbs...I have not officially hit it yet. I have come to terms with it, and I am going from this number (230.8) moving forward in month #10. Still hoping to hit 100lbs inside of a year, 11.6lbs to go and three months to get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment