Friday, November 23, 2012

2-10-12 Diner's, Drive-thru's & Dives

No....not the show....my brain, lately all I can think about is driving through a fast food restaurant and eating a cheeseburger and fries and having a diet coke. I have not cheated since I started my plan...and I don't want to. But I have to talk myself out of the drive-thru lane almost every afternoon. I have always been a "closet" eater....which for me translated into a "car" eater....when no one was watching, I would sneak the drive thru food. Before I started the plan, I would leave work and drive thru McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Whataburger, Chick-fil-a....anywhere and eat something that tasted soooooo good and was soooooo bad for me....then I would go home and still cook dinner and eat it like I hadn't had that "mid-afternoon snack." I have been doing so well, until this week.....I have not caved and gone through the drive-thru, but man I have wanted to. I can even tell myself that I should, just once....and that it will make me so sick that it will "cure" my desire.....but I know the truth, it won't cure the desire, it will fuel it. I am trying really hard to make these 21lbs that I have lost be enough motivation to stay away from the drive-thru. It has been a tough week!

No comments:

Post a Comment