Friday, November 23, 2012

5-4-12 Birthday Cheesecake, Mini-Goals, and Lessons Learned!

I turned 45 yesterday....not a giant thing, just another birthday...on a Thursday. What is different is me....there was no birthday cake....or better yet, birthday cheesecake! Before, I would have eaten probably 3-5 pieces of birthday cheesecake throughout the day (and probably into the night).

Yesterday I had a pink drink...a salad with sliced chicken and avocado on it, and salmon with broccoli. Somewhere in there, between lunch and dinner I had a cherry pie larabar. I didn't miss the cheesecake.

I don't stay up all night with insomnia anymore. I am no longer addicted to diet coke. I exercise (not as much as I should...but I do it). I am gaining a self-confidence that I never thought I would have. I am enjoying putting on make-up and bright colored clothes. I smile more. I have gained an education about food and exercise and health that I never thought I would have. I like being around people more, instead of hiding from the world....sneaking double cheeseburgers from the drive-thru's is not part of my world anymore.

I had made a mini-goal of reaching 45lbs lost for my 45th birthday....yesterday I turned 45 and I had 46lbs lost....mission accomplished. Now I need a new mini-goal. I'll have to think about that one. I am starting to change my outlook from lose, lose, lose to become healthier everyday....and with that the pounds will come off.

My new mini-goal might be just a re-dedication to my exercise efforts, which is always a struggle for me. I used to watch infomercials about weight loss programs and see these people claiming to have lost oodles of pounds and I would sit there, with my birthday cheesecake....stuffing my face, telling myself that I could never achieve that.

Well, here I am 2.6lbs away from a 50lb loss....never thought it was achievable....now I know I can lose the next 50 and 50 more after that! Yesterday I had my first experience with someone asking me what I am doing...she wanted info about PINK.....because I was doing so great, she wanted to try it....made me so happy. I didn't need, want or miss birthday cheesecake....the rest of the rewards are MUCH greater!

No comments:

Post a Comment