Friday, November 23, 2012

Two and a half years later............

I just read my post from 2010....obviously I had good intentions of starting a weight loss program then. 

Now it is 2.5 years later.....probably a good idea to update my blog? 

I had actually forgotten about that blog post. I have been blogging for the past year (since January, 2012) on a different website....and I wanted to move my blog posts and pictures here, where I thought they could do some good for other people. Too bad I never updated my weight that day in 2010. What I do know is that I stayed over 300lbs until January of this year. 

I watched Dr. Phil in November 2012 and saw him talking to women and a nutritionist about a new plan called The PINK Method. Dr. Phil is very good at opening my eyes, he has such a way with words. One thing he said that has resonated with me was that this: You have to decide that you cannot live with your current situation for another second of another minute of another hour of another day. Well I couldn't. I needed to change. I ordered the PINK Method, worried that I would be wasting money....that I couldn't or wouldn't succeed. That I would be that fat for the rest of my life. 

At first I didn't even want to tell my husband or my children that I was planning on starting a program. I was afraid that if I told them and then didn't follow through, I would be a failure. A failure not only to myself, but now to other people as well. Turns out that eating healthy and exercising isn't very easily hidden, haha. Actually, having them in on my "secret" was the best thing. My husband has been on this journey with me. 

I will be posting my blogs from the PINK Method site right here, in order.....so my journey can be documented in one public place, with progress pictures. I am proud of where I am today and want to share it with other people, maybe I can motivate someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment